Collection of your Personal Information and how we use it
About this statement
This statement will tell you about how we collect and use information about you. We will not store or process your personal information outside of the United Kingdom.
What information do we collect
We may ask you to give us certain information when you use this web site. You will know when we are collecting information which we intend to keep for future use because the web page will contain a link to this statement. The information we collect depends on which services you use. The information may include:
• Your name and date of birth
• Your postal address
• Your email address
• Your gender
• Your occupation
• Your interests
• Other information relevant to customer surveys or promotions
• Your credit card details (for purchases)
• Details of your orders
Who else can use your information
We may pass your information to others:
• We use sub-contractors to deliver your goods and we may pass your name and address to them.
• We will pass your information to others if you indicate that you want to receive marketing material or similar communications from them.
• We may provide other companies, such as advertisers, with statistical information about our customers, but we do not provide them with information which can be used to identify any individual customer.
• We may pass your details to our professional advisers for the purpose of obtaining professional advice.
How will we use your information
We mainly use your information to customise this web site according to what you tell us about your interests. We may send you information about special offers or other items that we think may be of interest to you.
Information you provide through links to other web sites
Our web site may contain links that make it easy for you to visit other sites which might be of interest to you. If you use the links to leave our web site and visit a web site operated by somebody else, you should note that we do not have any control over that Web site. Accordingly, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the Privacy Statement applicable to the web site in question.
What choices do you have about the way your personal information is used
You can chose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in an online form, look out for the box which you can click to say that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
• If you have previously not objected to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you can change your mind at any time by clicking here email@example.com or by writing to us:
Data Protection Compliance Officer
ERIKS Industrial Services
Amber Way, Halesowen B62 8WG
• By using this site and not advising us to the contrary you agree to our using the data in the way set out in this statement.
We strive to protect the security of information which you provide to us. We will use up-to-date measures to provide such security. If you provide us with credit card information, we use industry-standard SSL (secure socket layer) encryption.